Associate Professor and Graduate Chair
Julio Arauz, PhD
Office : Schoonover Center 369
Phone : 740-593-4917
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Understanding Internet Technology
- Communication Systems & Applications
- Data Networking
- Information and Telecommunications Policy II
- App Common Carrier Regulations
- Internet Applications and Network Systems
- Next Gen Network Management
- Broadband Access Networks
- Wireless Telecommunication Network
- Wireless Telecommunications
- Practicum in Communication Systems
- Information Networks
- Emerging Topics in Networking
- PhD, Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- MS, Telecommunications, University of Pittsburgh
- BS, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, Nat’l Polytechnic School, Quito, Ecuador
- Assistant Professor, J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
- Full-Time Teaching Appointment, School of Sciences and Engineering, Universidad San Francisco de Quito – Ecuador
- Teaching Fellow, Graduate Student Researcher, School of Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- Research Scientist, Mobile Wireless Network Division, NEC Network Laboratories, Heidelberg, Germany
- Project Leader, Banco Popular Outsourcing Project – Services Division; Telecommunications Manager, Customs Systems Integration Project, Solutions and Services Division, IBM of Ecuador
- Network Manager Abaco Constructors
- Wireless communications and system level evaluations
- Applied cooperative control
- Home networking
- Large-scale testbeds
- Industry relationships
- Cyberphysical systems
- Advancing telecommunications education toward innovation and entrepreneurship opportunities
J. Aráuz “Estimating Hidden Information for Self-Organization and Self-Healing in Modern Wireless Networks,” Missouri University of Science and Technology, Complex Adaptive Systems 2013 Conference, Baltimore, MD, November, 2013.
Aráuz J., “Self-Organizing Evolving Education,” Missouri University of Science and Technology, Complex Adaptive Systems 2013 Conference, Baltimore, MD, November, 2013.
J. Aráuz and T. Fynn-Cudjoe, “Actuator Quality in the Internet of Things,” IEEE Workshop on Internet-of-Things Networking and Control (IoT-NC), in conjunction with IEEE SECON 2013, New Orleans, LA.
Z. Miller and J. Aráuz, “Self-Coexistence with Autonomous Target Variable Selection for White Space Devices,” ITERA 2013, Cincinnati, OH.
J. Arauz, J. W. McClure, Z. Miller, and A. Sanchez, “Self-organized distributed cooperative control of interference in femtocell networks,” 2012 International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile and Wireless Networking (iCOST), Avignon, France, July, 2012.
J. Arauz, and W. McClure, W., “PGM structures in self-organized healing for small cell networks,” 2013 International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile and Wireless Networking (MoWNeT), pp.7, 12, August, 2013.
J. Aráuz, “Estimating Hidden Information for Self-organization and Self-healing in Modern Wireless Networks.”
J. Aráuz and Z. Miller Z., “Self-coexistence in the Dense Case for White Spaces,” Proceedings of the Wireless Days 2012 Conference, 2012, Dublin, Ireland.
A. Snow, J. Aráuz, G. Weckman, and A. Shyirambere, “A Reliability and Survivability Analysis of Local Transmission Switches Suffering Frequent Outages,” approved for publication in the proceedings of the International Conference on Networks, ICN 2013, Seville, Spain.
X. Costa, M. Mezzavilla, J. De Marca, and J. Aráuz, “E-Diophantine, An Admission Control Algorithm for WiMAX Networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Sydney, Australia, April, 2010.
X. Costa, P. Favaro, A. Zubow, and J. Aráuz, “On the Challenges for the Maximization of Radio Resources Usage in WiMAX Networks,” Proceedings of the 2nd. IEEE Broadband and Wireless Access Workshop, February, 2008.
J. Aráuz, P. Favaro, D Camps-Mur, and X. Costa, “Research Challenges in Multimedia WiMAX, in Handbook of Research in Mobile Multimedia, I. K. Ibrahim, Ed. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference, December, 2007, pp. 36–50.
J. Aráuz and P. Krishnamurthy, “Discrete Rayleigh Fading Channel Modeling,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 413–425, 2004.
J. Aráuz and P. Krishnamurthy, “Markov Modeling of 802.11Channels,” presented at IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), Fall, 2003, Orlando, FL.
J. Aráuz and P. Krishnamurthy, “A Study of the Performance of Different Partitioning Schemes in First Order Markovian Models for Rayleigh Fading Channels,” presented at IEEE Personal Multimedia Communications Symposium October, 2002, Honolulu, HI.
J. Aráuz, S. Banerjee, and P. Krishnamurthy, “MAITE: A Scheme for Improving the Performance of TCP over Wireless Channels,” IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference – VTC Fall, 2001, Atlantic City, NJ.
- Method for Processing of Downlink Data Frames at Base Stations of WiMAX Systems, X. Costa, J. Aráuz, D. Camps-Mur, applied in several countries, 2007, granted in Japan, 2012.
- Method for Assembling Frames in an Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA)-Based Communication System, A. Zubow, J. Aráuz, X. Costa, P. Favaro, D. Camps-Mur, applied in several countries, 2007.
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) SIGCOMM 2005 Junior Faculty Travel Award Grant, 2005.
- Honors Convocation Honoree, University of Pittsburgh, 2002.
- Fritz Froechlich Award, University of Pittsburgh, 2001.
- Fulbright Scholarship for graduate studies, Fulbright Commission, 1998.
- IBM Excellence in Leadership Award, IBM of Ecuador, 1996 and 1997.