Incoming and continuing students in the McClure School are eligible for the scholarships listed below based on the specific criteria. To apply, go to https://www.ohio.edu/financial-aid/ and click on Receive Aid and then Scholarships. Deadline to submit your application to insure consideration is Monday, February 12. Only students who have applied for university scholarships will be considered.
Scholarships based on need require a FAFSA form on file.
In addition, to be considered for the best scholarships, answer the following questions and send to email@example.com:
- honors, scholarships, and awards received
- relevant organizations or activities – list office(s) held
- short description of professional goals
- projected graduation date
NOTE: Ohio University requires students to carry at least 15 credit hours per semester while receiving a scholarship. Information on financial aid requirements and scholarship criteria is available here.
Scripps College of Communication Scholarship
Awarded at discretion of the director of Information and Telecommunication Systems as funding allows.
Ruth and Otto Kruse Scholarship
Multiple scholarships as funding allows; typical award is $1,000
- preference given to freshman or sophomore students
- full time on the Athens Campus
- minimum 3.0 GPA
- financial need is NOT required
McClure School Lonsbury Golf Classic Scholarship
Multiple scholarships as funding allows
Incoming and current students are both eligible.
- minimum 3.25 GPA
- minimum of 8 hours credit earned in Information and Telecommunication Systems
- active involvement in the field of voice/data networks
- financial need
The Progressive Scholar in ITS (will not be awarded for 2018-19)
$2,000 in support of incoming senior student(s)
- full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student
- enrolled in or accepted for admission to the McClure School
- minimum 3.2 GPA overall
John F. Smith Memorial Scholarship
Multiple Scholarships as funding allows.
Preference is given to residents of Franklin, Delaware, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, Fairfield or Union counties
- full-time undergraduate student
- Information and Telecommunication Systems major
- proof of financial need (FAFSA on file at Financial Aid Office)
- minimum 2.2 GPA overall
- minimum 2.5 GPA in major
$2,000 (renewable for up to 8 semesters)
- minimum 3.3 GPA
- must maintain 3.3 GPA to keep scholarship
Please note: This scholarship cycles among the schools in the Scripps College; therefore, it is available to an ITS student once every five years. Check with the McClure School office to find out when the Kent Scholarship will be available.
Scripps Howard Foundation Scholarship
$3,000 internship grant plus a $500 follow-up scholarship for the student returning full-time in the fall school year
- Work a 10 week internship (minimum of 35 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks).
- Preference will be given to internships that are unpaid.
- Student must be a junior, senior (or graduating senior) – graduate students are not eligible.
- This may or may not be at a Scripps operating unit (sites listed at www.scripps.com); placement will not be approved at a Scripps operating unit’s direct competitor.
- Students who have previously received the Scripps Howard scholarship are not eligible.
To apply you must provide the following:
- A completed form – Scripps College of Communication Scripps Howard Foundation Internship Grant Application
- Current résumé that includes your address, phone number and e-mail.
- Description of your internship responsibilities.
- Budget and projected living expenses– One page document including the following:
- Travel to and from internship site;
- Gas usage (estimate);
- Room and board;
- Employer stipend or hourly wage;
- Any support you will receive from your family or outside sources.
- Written confirmation of your internship offer (a letter or e-mail from the company extending you the offer. This does not need to be formal. (Internship must be confirmed by April 15)